Thursday, September 24, 2009

Doing Work;Better than Learning it?

It's a little strange writing about a PLN in my PLN, but I found " Its Who You Know" by Karl Fisch to be very interesting. It showed me that what I'm writing is for a reason and not just for a grade. I noticed while reading the article that he is correct because just from learning something you're not applying it to anything to actually learn it. Fisch wasn't referring to "who" as a person, he was relating it to the PLN which I thought was really interesting. Yes he didn't get out all his thoughts and it was confusing since he wasn't done but I got it. I think this relates a lot to what we're doing in class because it has to do with what we work on every week, our Personal Learning Networks. I agree with him in the context that PLN's are helping students a lot more than school would without them. I just wonder by how much they are helping students in and out of the classroom. With these types of writing I think people are putting more thought and actually using what they learn in their voices and in their everyday live's. Without it, the world wouldn't, I don't think, advance as much as it has. Does elaborating on text help as much as all of the teachers say it does? Or is there something better that we haven't discovered yet. Could students be so smart eventually that their minds would be too smart for our technology? These are questions that this article brought up while I was reading. It makes me wonder if it really is the same as who you know is who you are? It really seems to relate to it but how? It changed my perspective of PLN's to a great extent because it showed me that it was taking that extra step from just learning and getting the grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment